Wednesday 6 April 2016

Alamdar and Pari :)

Hey Alamdar, do you ever notice me when you walk past me every morning in office? I try to throw my most charming smile in response to your greeting.  When you sit on your desk concentrating hard on the work , I touch your hand in my imagination and just as this thought crosses my mind, you frown. Those moments, when you exasperatedly unbutton your cuffs and fold them upwards, revealing your strong muscles for weak hearts like mine to see, I can actually feel my cheeks heating up. You put my heart in rhythmic anemia. How cruel! I dance around you in my dreams Alamdar. I walk with you hand in hand by the side of The Holy River Euphrates only that in my mind it flows amidst the desert of Cholistan. I close my eyes and bribe an angel to wipe your name off the Loh and put it nowhere but beside my name and seal it. I dream of forging my fate.


Oh Pari, do you really think I am as naïve as I pose? How can your deep eyes, following me all around, go unnoticed?  There are times when I struggle to not look up from the paper under the heat of your glare and then I frown.  I secretly enjoy that greedy look in your eyes when you see me, rolling my sleeves up.  I glance at you and you are lost in your thoughts.  I wonder if I am walking with you in your dream.  The moments when you are occupied in the work, I want to pull u up from your chair and swirl you round and round until you can think of nothing and no one except me. Your name holds so much magic, I often fear that I’d be forever under its spell. Your innocence makes me want to steal a peek at my future to see whether it has what my heart desires the most?


1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I so so loved this. Short and sweet. With just the right amount of punch. *applauds*

    ReplyDelete