Friday 29 April 2016

where is the line?

Finally, in the 27th year of my life , a time has come where I have to revise my life. All of it; structure, relations, definitions, connections, concepts. everything.

More than anything, what actually is causing so much confusion is my own gender. Females and the femininity.
All my life, i have been that person who wanted to break free from the chains of traditions and I have fought tooth and nail for it. I still stand by all of that but .. yes there is a but involved here... it was different. it was more for the sake of social restrictions that were prevailing out of the fear of 'log kia kahien gey?' It was never for the sake of crossing lines. 
I am not writing this post for self praise. I realize that I am a nobody in the world order but I also believe that the individual's actions leave marks and others follow those marks. Sooner or later the popular trends propagate in the society , therefore becoming the new customs. So i do believe that when one of us crosses the line, others follow. Its like you leave a door open. 

Another aspect of this is also religious (lots of grunts and eye rolling expected) but just stop for a second and tell me : why? Why the grunts and eye rolling? why has the word 'religion' become so obnoxious for us? why do we think that there is a clash between our thoughts and ways and the religion? Is it because religion draws a line? Does the presence of a line makes us feel suffocated? 

I just read a post by some random girl on some random feminist page, who has now moved to Canada and reading about her story, more than anything, i felt sorry for her. She wrote about her private life where she mentioned that before going to Canada at the age of 19, she had almost a dozen sleeping partners but still felt very repressed because talking about premarital sex is a 'taboo' in Pakistani culture. Then she went further and praised the Canadian society which gave her so much freedom and blah blah. (19???? just 19!!)

Go on and tell me 'stop judging her' , ' its none of your business' ... correct! it isnt my business and trust me when I say that i dont even feel an ounce of obligation ( as a muslim or as a human) to tell her or other people with same choices, whether to do or not to do certain stuff. As a Muslim  my mantra for now is 


" Tumare liye tumara deen , mere liye mera Deen"

but what the hell girl? Get married, if you feel the need. but OH NO, God forbid, marriage is a  big NO!! Who gets married for the sake of having a sleeping mate, ryt? Or is it more like sleeping with one man for the rest of your life is whats itching you?

I do want to write about this problem that I very often now see around me . I want to get an answer to this urge of living like animals? Why must we not obey anyone but ourselves and more than our logic why do we want to be driven by our hormones? 
I want to know how is it OK to cheat on your family but cheating on your boyfriend would make you a horrible person?
I know , i sound very very non-feminist and some of the readers cant wait to throw me out of the sorority. I DONT CARE GIRLS. Some of our acts are disgusting, please admit it! 
I recently had a conversation with a very close friend and all through the time when we were supposedly resolving an issue, she kept saying things that justified 'her' and 'her' alone and all through that time I kept thinking that higher education does make it very easy for us to go to all the possible lengths to prove that we are right. We would even dismiss our own past self, disrespect it, abuse it to save our today's choice. Anything that makes crossing the limits legal. 

I believe in self control and i believe that one must always think rationally and logically. Sexuality shouldn't be a synonym for feminism. It never will be. So no matter how much butthurt you are getting from this post, the reality is that when you cross limits, you are basically not doing humanity any service. It not even all about religion (even though there are strong ties) It is about morality. Hadn't it been the case there wouldnt have specfic words in other languages for people with such random habits. 

I know that this post has a very annoyed and angry tone, that's because I am annoyed and angry. I am going through a transition in life where NOTHING is the same. I dont even recognize the people i have been living with so yea I need answers. I need to have explanations as to why everything has suddenly lost its meaning or was there never any meaning at all!?  Was it all an illusion?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my dear, reading this article had been like hearing myself speak. I had a lengthy discussion with a friend of mine about hat very topic. I'm mo longer religious. At one time was. But whatever had been the phase of life, education had taught me well even if religion couldn't (even though ofcourse my morality has been shaped presently by a lot of influence of religion). However, l form all the hundreds of thousands of books I've read (I'll not quote any religion here out of fear of stepping on a few toes, thereby, failing to make my point understood) we are highly intellectual animals. Animals yet the same I don't deny, but our intellect is what sets us apart. Please don't insult yourselves and the rest of the human race by behaving like mindless animals. No one likes to be called a whore or a man-whore. Dont act like one. Get some grace!
    Applaud this writer once again! Always a treat!

    ReplyDelete