Monday 12 November 2012

All we have is.. now!



Music was blasting.. full on..
*radha teri chunri .. ohh radha tera challa…oh radha….*
 There were 5 girls in the room, crowding it, bumping into one another while trying to get ready, voices mingling with the lyrics and coming out as noise..
  ‘ where is your mascara samreen?” as I turned around ,
irum shouted “DON’T LOOK HERE!!”
‘jeez! I wasn’t!’ I searched frantically for mascara until I saw samia standing in the corner with mirror in one hand and ….
“ samia I was LOOKING for this!” I shouted from across the room.
‘ oh what? Aah.. this?  Here.. m done” she smiled and stepped forward to hand me over the mascara.
“you are stepping on my sandal!!” dat was Namrah.

“its 4:30 already. Get ready we have to get back to hostel by 9” As usual Irum had the sense to shake us.

And hurrying off to the stairs, we 5 headed to the market for a shopping spree!

After a lot of bickering with the taxi wala we all loaded into it.. how I LOVE going to shopping with friends. Getting out at Jinnah super, we all head for nowhere :D
That’s the best thing about us. We all have zero idea where to go and we are all revising the things we have to buy and asking one another “ yaar jana kahan hai?”
So we see the first shop open and enter it.. shoes!
This. This .. this .. this? No….. 
Next shop.

‘Guys, I have to buy a jeans’ that’s me.
Ok! Let’s go find a pair of jeans..
 From one shop to another… and finally!

‘ I have to buy maria some shoes’ dats samreen.
Now, now Finding a smart pair of shoes for a 3 month old is not easy.
But committed as we are.. looking and searching we entered Stylo..
We: ‘chote bachun k shoes hain?’
Shopkeeper: ‘je hain’
We: ‘dekhaien’
Shopkeeper: ‘bache ki age?’
We: ‘3 months’
Shopkeeper: ‘nhi je range ik saal se shuru hoti hai”
We: ‘kiun?  Us se chotey bachoon ko shoes pehene ka koi haq nhi hai’
Shopkeeper: ‘stylo unko yeh haq nhi deta’
 Very smart!
We: ‘ayaa wadda!”
Huh..

And finally! At one shop we saw the cutest collection of baby shoes. And just as we were confused between a pink buttoned and blue bowed pair I saw them..
Red!
And I wanted them as soon as I saw them! I did try out that blue one to throw samia and irum off ! :D
Red is so my color this winter.

Just as the sky went dark.. every light flickered on.. the feeling of ‘awaragardi’ was awesome.
Ohh ya btw! We encountered a Chinese delegation in a shop where my friends were busy buying a green eye pencil..
I was waiting for them when I noticed that the chacha standing beside me is holding a gun!

Me:’ samia yeh dekho’
Guess I was very loud because the next moment everyone was staring at my finger which was pointing towards the rifle.
We: ‘chacha yeh chalti hai?’
Chacha must have considered himself a hero at that moment : ‘je’
We : ‘chacha asley ki numaish per pabandi hai’
Chacha: ‘yeh delegation k sath security k liye hai’
We: ‘ acha.. yani cheeniyun k liye security aur pakistaniyo k liye kuch nahi?’
And at this point the Pakistani guy with the Chinese delegation intruded our conversation with a smile.
We: ‘ jab hum china jaen gey to kia bandooq wala hamare sath b ho ga?’
*smiles*
We : ‘ cheeniyoon ko pata nhi hai k Pakistan men bandooq sirf  goli marne wale ki chalti hai”
*smiles*
We: ‘ blah blah blah’
Irum: ‘shut up now! Let’s go’
We: K

And in the end.. we all sat on stairs with our packets of French fries and stared at the road..
That pale light from the street lights, empty road, chill in the air and peace on the faces of the people…
And there we were.. together..

Me: ‘ who knew we’d be together here one day’
Irum : ‘ its funny how we meet strangers and make frnds’
Namrah: ‘ u mean best friends?’
Samia: ‘ another six months and we are gone!’
Samreen: ‘ lets just not remember that. Six months is a long time.’
Me: ‘ ya .. what matters is now’
Irum: ‘ and ryt now we are together!’
Samia: ‘ and that's the best damn thing’
Namrah: ‘ and even when we wont be together .. we will look back and smile’

WE: ‘ALWAYS’

And we stood up to walk our way back to the hostel…

In life, we cross paths with many people… some we like, some we don’t.. some become special.. some not.. but every person leaves a mark on you..
Try to be a nice mark on someone’s life!



No comments:

Post a Comment