Thursday 20 December 2012

One helluva day!



*airtel ring*
I am fast asleep…
Bell continues to ring ..
“ uff, where the hell is my mobile”
I dive inside my quilt and emerge with a ringing cell phone.
^irfan calling^
“God, what’s wrong with him?” I mutter to myself before receiving the call.
Ifran: “hello zainab, so rahi thi? There is a conference in Serena. Let’s all go there.”
Le me: “uh what? Umm… ok… let me wash my face n teeth”

One part of me wanted to say NO and go back to being a sleeping beauty and the other, *normal* part dragged me out of the warm bed to get ready.
OK! What to wear. I pull out my jeans and with that a dull greenish colored shirt which had RED in it. Red handbag, red coat and red shoes ;)
Looking at myself half an hour later, I give a very satisfied smile to my image and walk outside to find my class fellows waiting for me to go together.
I had never seen Serena before and to be honest never given it a thought. The funny part is that when I entered that beautiful edifice, I hardly felt that it’s the first time I am here or that its one of the most expensive places in Pakistan. I carried my “so what” attitude very gracefully and enjoyed the brief stay there:P
To be comfortable with your own self is the best thing in the world.
From there, Ahmed asked : “now where?”
Le me: “Actually, I have never seen Pakistan monument. :s :s”
Everybody stared at me… and they burst into laughter .
Le me: “ I am serious guys”
So we went to see the beautiful Monument. Without a doubt it is an awesome piece of art. The concept is very innovative and location is perfect. However, it was sad to see that it is failing to serve the purpose for people of the land, which is to develop a sense of pride and nationality.
I have always dreamt of sitting on a high place from where I can just look at the world wide in front of me with loads of wind blowing and no thoughts at all.. I guess I lived that moment yesterday!
Anyway, Kashif wanted to bowl.
And to be honest, I loved the game. Rolling the ball to get the bottles ( or whatever they are called) down. :D
Being the only girl in the group, I served the purpose of  my presence. ~to loose so that the male egos stay boosted :p ~
Anyway 83 score when I was rolling the ball first time ever in my life, I deserve some credit guys.
Grabbing the Icecream , we headed to the most peaceful place I have ever been to.
Evening was falling.. and there I was sitting on a wood bench in the middle of a lush green garden. That was captivating. Mesmerizing, the beauty of nature and that moment..
And then I saw the most amazingly cute dog! He was a BIG BIG Labrador and I envied the owner. He was nothing but a big sweetheart. I wanted to go near him but sesly, his size scared me :/ .. a little..
I wanted the time to just stop there.. or at least pause.. I wanted to live that beauty, the peace, the serenity.. the feeling of being watched, guided…
But too bad we had our economics class at 6 o’clock so we headed back to uni.
By the time, we started studying I was literally dying to get hold of some sleep.  Thanks heavens, it was our last class and there wasn’t much to study so I managed to take a nap and then a cup of tea totally refreshed me.
I was busy playing hang the man with my class and teacher when samreen came in. a little breathless from brisk walking :P
Samreen: “I need you for sometime. Please excuse yourself”
All the love to mam seemi that she let me go, happily.
Le me : “yes samreen”
samreen: “ let’s go get a cup of coffee, talal is here too”
le me: “ok! Waise b, seems like m on the run today. Let’s go”
and a cup of coffee with good company was worth it J
and thus, the day ended..

I don’t know why people say that boys don’t make good friends or girls are not fully sincere with each other.. If someone has these deteriorating concepts, please come and meet me.
Its not about your gender, its all about your heart.
I have seen girls and boys who were devils in disguise alike and I have been lucky to meet the most amazing people in the world.
And I believe a portion of this depends upon you too. If you have a clean heart, you will find good people. And most of all, you can be that good person in some one’s life. After all, you can’t control others, but you have a full authority over yourself and your actions J
Just be good to people , they deserve it.
And most of all, you deserve to be the person you are meant to be… don’t trade yourself for something less than this !

No comments:

Post a Comment