Friday 10 June 2011

A deep sigh & a tear!


After carrying out a long and tiring routine of 11 hrs I could think of nothing except my beloved bed. Crossing the TV lounge, I stood there to listen to the ‘9o’clock news’ and I wish I never heard that.
Watching the vdo of  poor guy being ruthlessly murdered by rangers, I stood rooted to the ground. The people with guns were the authority. They had the might and they were right... really?
A voice continued to shout in my head : ‘go to your room and sleep, you don’t want to see this’ but I was too shocked to act upon the order.
The fact that it was all true and happened in my own land made me nauseous. I couldn't keep that guy’s face off my mind. Imagine yourself in his shoes for a moment. Imagine his level of fear seeing the rifle pointed at his chest. The fear that he’ll be hit by a bullet, the expected pain of a bullet piercing through his body, the helplessness at not being able to save himself, the pleas of having mercy, begging the ranger to let him go and not shoot him, the trembling legs and the fast paced heartbeat, the cold sweat. Imagine him shouting the name of ALLAH and Mohammad (P.B.U.H) and imagine a Muslim turning deaf ears to all of the above and shooting him to death!
What did he feel when the first bullet hit his hand. He must have been taken by surprise. He must have had that last hope, that last fragile faith that he will survive. What was he thinking!? He should have known that he was not going to survive with so many angels of death surrounding him. Was he a goof to think that people with ‘guns’ will let him go and merely just because he was asking mercy in the name of ALLAH!?  
Didn’t he know that he lives in the land of ‘no justice’?  Pakistan is a no man’s land… there is jungle law here. Might is right. That guy was stupid to expect anything good. He had to be punished! And that too by the hands of security rangers who are securing God knows who from whom on the streets of Karachi.

I heard someone sobbing. Surprisingly it was me! I was crying in the dead of the night on the cold blooded murder of my countryman.
But I had no right to cry! No one in this country owns the right to cry over each other, because we are dead at heart. And let’s assume that we were there at that time. All we would have done was made videos that would later go on air with the titles of ‘ARY EXCLUSIVE’ and ‘GEO EXCLUSIVE’. Or else we would want to be ‘GEO DOST’ by sending in our videos. We don’t have enough courage to stop anyone from doing injustice. We lack the X factor of humanity.
Same happened in the case of Muneeb and Mughees and the wound of kharotabad incident still bleeds.
We are so indifferent towards Humanity, as a nation that it makes me sick to even call us Humans. We are a stigma!

For the first time, I felt so ashamed that I don’t even want to mention ALLAH in my article. I didn’t find any courage to open Quran to find the solution to our inhumanity, our sickness, our barbarism.
But I tried nevertheless. I closed my eyes and opened the Book. And there I saw, written in the sparkling words was the answer.
"InnAllaha laa yoghayyiru maa bi Qawmin hattaa yoghayyiroo maa bi anfusihim"
( Ar-Ra’ad 13:11)

“Allah will not change what is in any nation, until they all collectively make a change occur in what is in themselves.” (Ar-Ra’ad 13:11)

The last light of hope died inside me for I remembered the words of our prayer. “Oh ALLAH! Have mercy on us and change us for good”
Here is the answer to our prayer!

Why would ALLAH want to have mercy on us when we don’t have an ounce of mercy for each other?  He is the creator of all. He has put enough mercy in animals even. Don’t you see the videos of national geographic? A lion not eating the lost baby deer, a dog taking care of a kitten, a python playing with a baby boy… All these are the sign of mercy.

‘Nothing will change!’

I took a deep sigh and shook my head.

‘Nothing will change’

I turned off the light and closed my eyes.

‘Nothing will change’ the angel wrote. ‘Unless you want it changed’ he added.

4 comments:

  1. I REALY AGRREE WID U... BUH HOW TO CHANGE ???\
    ONLY ONE CNT DO ANYTHING ??? UR THINKING OR MY THINKING IS NOT ENOUGH TO CHANGE ....
    IN PAKISTAN ..... PEOPLE HU SPEAK 4 RITE ...FOR TRUTH R NO WHERE... THEY ONLY SUFFER..... V NEED UNITY....
    EVERY1 HERE IN PAKISTAN WANTS CHANGE ... N READY 4 DA CHANGE.... NOW DA POINT IS DAT
    HOW TO BRING CHANGE??

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i dnt understand ....y only da boy 4rm da park... there must b sum reason dat boy got pointed... their were no personal means .... theri must b sumtym.... dat is hidddeenn...

    ReplyDelete
  3. no reason gives the right to this act of barbarism! even if he was a thief, a snatcher.. he should have been caught and sent to jail. court is there to decide!
    shooting people in streets is no solution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mishaal : i read your comment about how to bring change. please be kind enough to read the next blog. may be you'll agree with my idea.
    regards.

    ReplyDelete