Thursday 2 June 2011

ILM aur GHAROOR


Looking at the course of the society, every person with a hint of vision would tell you the same thing: “ the time is near”. Even I have heard many learned people talk about it. Now the question that arose in my mind was: “so what?” I know it sounds a little retard but rationally thinking it is the only worthy question at the moment. We know that the time is near, the society is at the brink of collapse, moral values have long been ditched, people are moving happily against Allah’s set rules but how to control it all? Is there a spell that would just change everyone’s heart at once? A spell that is applicable to all the humans? Do we have a solution!?
I don’t know about others but whenever I wondered about it, I found myself to be blank. I spent ages pondering over this and one day it hit me, at a very odd hour.
I was as usual performing the ‘farz exercise’ aka namaz. Same thing since it’s without emotions, feelings, love and sometimes even without direction… anyway, out of nowhere at all, in the middle of the prayer it struck me. The question in the first glance but actually the very answer I was in search of.
“Who am I?” and coming to think of it. Who exactly am I? A human being... Oh what else?
Come on, use a broader prospective. Holistically seeing, I am... nothing...literally. This was the strangest discovery of my life. I imagined the globe in my mind and tried to see its contents.
I saw water in the form of oceans and seas, spread on miles covering 70% of the earth like some greedy soul , mountains standing up front like proud conquerors, huge glaciers with the strength to flood the whole world, volcanoes with the power to burn everything that comes in their way and I saw thousands of square kilometers covered with dense forest or simply with sand..

Have We not made the earth as a wide expanse, And the mountains as pegs? And (have We not) created you in pairs, And made your sleep for rest, And made the night as a covering, And made the day as a means of subsistence? And (have We not) built over you the seven firmaments. And placed (therein) a Light of Splendor? And do We not send down from the clouds water in abundance, That We may produce therewith corn and vegetables, And gardens of luxurious growth? ( Surah An Naba 6-16)

Kia hum ne zameen ko nahi banaya bichona (farsh)? Aur ppaharoon ko maikhien aur hum ne tumien jorey jorey paida kia aur tumare liye neend ko banaya araam aur hum ne raat ko orhana banaya.aur hum ne din ko moash ka waqt banaya. Aur hum ne banaye tumare upper sat mazboot asmaan .aur hum ne chamakhta huwa charagh (aftab) banaya. Aur hum ne pani bhari badliyaiun se utari moosala dhar barish takkey hum is se anaaaj aur sabzi nikalien aur pattun se lipte huwe baagh.( surah An Naba 6-16)

I desperately searched for myself but was unable to recognize my own face in 6.4 billion human beings residing on earth.
And  I thought I had something special in me that automatically makes me superior than so many, I thought I had some talents not many can acquire, I thought I stand out in a crowd. I was so in love with my unique traits. If it was true than why didn’t I stand out in the crowd of 6.4 billion human beings? Why wasn’t I as visible as those mountains or deserts or oceans?
It was the moment of self denial; I had to accept that I was “nothing” and not “something”. The realization struck me and struck me hard. It completely broke the small idol I had made of myself in heart and which I secretly admired and sometimes a step ahead.
For the first time in my life I went down in sadja, rested my head in front of Al-mighty with the truth that I was nothing. “khak” and it was HE, the All doer and All hearing. The divine power. The one and only and the only one.

AND WHICH IS IT, OF THE FAVOURS OF YOUR LORD, THAT YE, WILL DENY?” (Surah Rehman)
Aur tum apne Rab ki kon kon si naimatun ko jhutlao gey.

But as soon as I folded my prayer mat, an unnamed sadness filled my heart. Not on the fact that I finally was accepting the reality of my being but on the fact that not many people can get this realization as I did. not because I was a smart head but because they have been deprived of gaining the vision.
They are unable to imagine the globe at all. They are unable to imagine the vastness of a desert or extend of a forest. The height of a mountain or the depth of the sea means nothing to them.

Say: "Who is the Lord and Sustainer of the heavens and the earth?" Say: "(It is) Allah." Say: "Do ye then take (for worship) protectors other than Him, such as have no power either for good or for harm to themselves?" Say: "Are the blind equal with those who see? Or the depths of darkness equal with light?" Or do they assign to Allah partners who have created (anything) as He has created, so that the creation seemed to them similar? Say: "(Allah) is the Creator of all things: He is the One, the Supreme and Irresistible." (surah Ar Rad 16)
:| “Un se poochoo asman o zameen ka rab kon hai? Kaho ALLAH . phir un se kaho ke haqeeqat yeh hai to kia tum ne usey chor ker aaise mehbood ko apna karsaaz thehra lia jo khud apne liye b kissi nafa o nuqsaan ka ikhtiyaar nhi rakhtey? Kaho, kia andha aur ankhoon wala barabar huwa kerta hai? Kia roshni aur tareeqiyan yaqsaan hoti hain? Agar aaisa nhi hai to kia un k thehraye huwe shareequn ne b ALLAH ki tarhan kuch paida kia hai k us ki waja se in per takhleeq ka mamla mushtabah ho gaya?  Kaho, har chez ka khaliq sirf ALLAH hai aur who yaqta hai, sab per ghalib.”

Is then one who doth know that that which hath been revealed unto thee from thy Lord is the Truth, like one who is blind? It is those who are endued with understanding that receive admonition. (surah Ar Rad 19)
“Bhalla yeh kiss tarhan mumkin ha k who shakhs jo tumare Rab ki iss kitab ko jo us ne tum per nazil ki hai haq janta hai aur who shakhs jo iss haqeeqat ki taraf se andha hai, dono yaqsaan ho jaien? Naseehat to danishmand log hi qabool kia kerte hain.”

They live a small world full of darkness. They are used to ignorance and the suffocated life. They are their own prisoners. The list contains not only the poor but our people in authority, our feudal lords, our so called leaders, our army men… the list includes Us, as a nation.

It is a Revelation sent down by (Him), the Exalted in Might, Most Merciful. In order that thou mayest admonish a people, whose fathers had received no admonition, and who therefore remain heedless (of the Signs of Allah. The Word is proved true against the greater part of them: for they do not believe. We have put yokes round their necks right up to their chins, so that their heads are forced up (and they cannot see).And We have put a bar in front of them and a bar behind them, and further, We have covered them up; so that they cannot see.The same is it to them whether thou admonish them or thou do not admonish them: they will not believe. ( Surah Ya Sin 6-10)
Yeh khudaye ghalib aur meherban ne nazil kia hai takke tum un logoon ko  jin k baap dada ko mutanabah nhi kiya gaya tha mutanah ker do, who ghaflat men pare huwe hain. Un men se aksar per khuda ki bat poori ho chuki hai aur who eman nhi laien gey. Hum ne un ki gardanoon men tauq dal rakhe hain aur who thoriyun tak phanse huwe hain aur un k sar ullal rahe hain.Aur hum ne un ki agey b deewar bana di hai aur un k peeche b, phr un per parda daal dia to yeh dekh nhi sakte. Aur tum un ko nasihat karo ya na karo un k liye barabar hai, so eman nhi laney k.

This is also worth mentioning that not letting the poor souls get educated because it turns you into a western geek is a baseless assumption. For the first word ALLAH revealed was IQRA which means ‘Study’.

Ilm and gharoor are inversely proportional to each other. Once you get hold of ‘ilm’ in a true sense. Its impossible for you to think high of yourself.
.
Once Maulana Rumi was passing by a stream. He was carrying all his books in both arms. He saw Tabraiz, an Aalim standing by the stream. He greeted him. Rumi invited Tabraiz to study his books which were the essence of his knowledge. Tabraiz took Rumi’s books and threw them in the stream. Rumi couldn’t believe and started yelling at Tabraiz because he had just wasted his all life’s hard work. Those books were the essence of his years and years of education and knowledge. Tabraiz, on seeing Rumi’s reaction, asked him: “is this it? Water can erase your knowledge that you are so proud of?” and bent down to retrieve the books. It astonished Rumi to see that books were dry and not damaged. Tabraiz shook them to remove the dust. He handed the books to Rumi and said: “this is my knowledge”
It showed Rumi the difference between the kind of knowledge he had collected all his life and the true ilm. His life changed from that moment onwards.
That was the ilm of Prophet (p.b.u.h) and his Sahaba and Auliya karaam.
ALLAH has not restricted Muslim men and women from seeking knowledge but society has. If I or you have found the lead, its now our duty to spread the light of realization.
May ALLAH forgive us all and help realize our responsibility and spread the truth. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment