Sunday 29 May 2011

For My School..


“Welcome. Of course, you have not forgotten your school. You appreciate it more today than you ever did, even in the days when you were still here, at home. Fond memories of the golden days float in upon your soul in moments of reverie. We know you love the old school. We know you still love ‘Mother.’”
 Aia has been home to all of us who have gathered here today to cherish the old memories and to share with the ones we were so close to, some time back in life. I am honored to speak on the behalf of all the graduates and to give words to their unsaid feelings. Of course words can never be enough, but that’s all I have to show my love and gratitude.
We have come here to remind our school and our faculty of the times when we were a part of you. You must remember all of us by names or by faces... I am sure seeing us all here must have brought back a flood of memories. It has for me. How can we forget these stairs that we had climbed a zillion times in our 12 years. And the labs that were our place of experimentation. And the grounds we have run in and this very stage, where we performed to win so many jalal baba interschool tableau competitions.
The memories we have all created together will always remain with us. And I am sure the ghost of our past will always linger in this very school.
I thank my dear teachers who made us what we are today with their tireless efforts and dedication and the school for providing us with the very platform we needed.
I would like all the graduates of Al imtiaz academy to please rise in their seats and pay a respectful tribute to our beloved teachers.
God bless our teachers and god blesses Al Imtiaz Academy.









No comments:

Post a Comment